Friday, December 18, 2015

Kitchen Window Treatments Ideas

Window treatments don't need to be expensive to look nice. There are many different kinds of kitchen window treatment ideas that can involve a fusion of existing treatments, custom designs, or the creation of unique window decorations through your own DIY project.


The shape and style of window, along with a budget, will help you determine the scope of the project. Following are vital tips to keep in mind when considering window treatment ideas.
Sunlight Exposure: The sun's damaging UVA and UVB rays are notorious. Direct, harsh sunlight can fade most materials; in addition, it can raise interior temperatures, dull finishes, dry wood, and wash out fabrics. To protect your entire kitchen from too much sun, look for window coverings that have a protective quality.

Many performance shades, such as cellular and solar, advertise how much of the damaging rays they screen while still allowing some diffused light to come through. For complete control, choose opaque window coverings or treatments lined with a light-prohibiting layer, also known as blackout shades. When closed, the slats of shutters and blinds (wood, vinyl, or metal) block the sun. For added material protection, consider applying an adhesive or static-cling UV film directly to older windowpanes.

 
Privacy: Have you thought to perform a quick check before starting your project? Turn on the lights in the kitchen one evening and venture outside and see what others can view through your windows. For privacy, look for screening materials that let you see out but allow some daylight to pass while blocking views from the outside; consider Roman shades and roller shades made from translucent or woven materials, or try sheer fabric curtain panels.
Decoration: Shared spaces outside the kitchen work triangle—such as breakfast nooks or when framing a large bay window or French doors—are ideal for floor-length curtain panels that offer opportunity of color and pattern. A swag of patterned fabric draped over a single window can also make a statement. Valances and cornices are like accent marks over windows you want to showcase. For the most personalized effect, choose materials, textures, hues and designs that express your lifestyle.


source

5 comments:

  1. I am glad to know that window treatments do not need to be super pricey to look nice and perform well. I like the idea of remodeling your kitchen to have sunlight exposure, with large kitchen windows. I like how you added a lot of color to your kitchen, by placing pillows on a window bench. I would love to add something like that to my personal kitchen.


    http://www.foothillbath.com/#!kitchens/ctzx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to know that window treatments do not need to be super pricey to look nice and perform well. I like the idea of remodeling your kitchen to have sunlight exposure, with large kitchen windows. I like how you added a lot of color to your kitchen, by placing pillows on a window bench. I would love to add something like that to my personal kitchen.


    http://www.foothillbath.com/#!kitchens/ctzx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife and I are both in the process of getting our kitchen remodeled and there is a lot more than we though. We have been looking around for things that we both like though and we have been able to come up with some ideas. I love the ideas here about the window treatments and I personally like the shelves above the windows. I'll have to show this to my wife and see what she thinks about it. http://www.lincolncabinet.com/kitchen_remodeling.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks I ought say, impressed with your site. I will post this to my facebook wall. Cooksty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you Nevertheless I”m experiencing challenge with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody getting equivalent rss downside? Anyone who is aware of kindly respond. Thnkx Elly's Kitchen Tips

    ReplyDelete